I started doing LTCs & Artist Trading Cards in August of 2008.

I hand carve rubber stamps and some of my cards will use images from those. I am a beginner in watercolor arts and some other media. All of my cards are handmade. They are not "prints".
My original watercolors are here at Art In Hand.

Friday, July 24, 2009

EXOTICA

Exotica has pearlescent shimmers & color changing effects that you can't see in this image. The blue and pinks change color and shine when you angle the card differently and light plays with the colors. The darkest color at the bottom looks purplish pink at one angle and blue another. There are some touches of green and gold shimmer also. This card was a first of the sort that I have done... It was FUN!

2 comments:

Bobguyman said...

Even without the shinies, the card looks great! Love the image too! =D

~BOB~

Stacy Christian said...

Dixie,
The thing that I find most stunning about all of your cards is the emotional response they create; even something as simple as this fabulous flower.
S